User Experience Designer, Javari, Mobile
US, WA, Seattle • Job ID 183215 • Amazon Corporate LLC
If the prospect of working on an international brand with presence in four countries, two continents and a focus on designer shoes, bags and accessories sounds fun to you, a position with Javari may be right for you. Come help us define one of the fastest growing and biggest online industries with your innovative ideas and best-in-class mobile shopping experiences.
We are seeking an innovative, self-motivated user experience designer to help us define the future of mobile retail. Working in close collaboration with product management, technology, business teams and design peers, the designer will be relied upon to create efficient, elegant, and customer-focused designs that meet business requirements and provide our customers with an unrivaled mobile retail experience. The ideal candidate will exhibit an unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our customers and an uncanny sense for providing elegant, mainstream yet-locally relevant presentations of expansive content and features across a manifold of product lines, client devices, and locales.
• Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, usability findings, and following the user-centered design process
• Use business requirements and market research to develop scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
• Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
• Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and Amazon executives for review and feedback
• Work closely with cross-functional teams and collaborate with designers to achieve holistic objectives.
• Responsibly and effectively advocate for the customer in a corporate environment; fostering a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, content, business and marketing values.
• Estimate design initiatives and own track work queue
• A minimum of 3 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
• A minimum of 2 years experience in the mobile space.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Ability to work gracefully, multi-task and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment
• Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
• Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for the web
• Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Visio, or equivalent
• Ability to creative interactive prototypes
• A clean sense of design aesthetics, and a natural propensity towards simplification over complication
• An enduring sense of humor
• Ability and passion to design for a foreign context
• Retail/E-commerce design experience in a global context
• Experience working with international teams